Thursday, October 8, 2009

[more] Good things come [to those who wait] and even out the stresses.

HI everyone,


I have completed partial order that i received recently from an advertising agency for a skin care company,



the order is enough to keep me quite busy planning the materials required, quantity, costing and shipment. I miss doing the artistic part of this craft and so happens i just remembered....YUP just remembered that my daughter gave me a LONG list of orders she received from her frens. With the PMR exam going on now, i dont want to disappointment them by not fulfilling their orders. SO i have been twisting some wires today and do admit that some of the requests can be a tad challenging! :)


Ok, now lets move on to my project.
At first i tot it was a joke because the enquiry came thru an email and by a lady name ms Goonting. Just because i was thinking of a haircut, maybe my husband is pulling a prank on me.  Come onnn.....is this a GOTCHA joke?
A thousand apologies kimberley :)   but being a joker myself, i tot  the joke is now on me hehehehe

I am happy to say that its NOT a joke and it was a serious enquiry and the deal went thru. I submitted few designs which i think wud look good, simple and elegant and yet doesnt require too much time to make. i planned the colors and crafted all within hours, right after we packed up from the bazaar which is usually around 11 pm.

I was given the task to design a piece of jewelry that can be assembled within 15 minutes. what?! 15 minutes?!  in 15 minutes, what kind of wirework jewelry can i come up with that is interesting, with the elements of wirework and at the same time looks great, christmassy feel and colors and bling?!
(later do i realised that the 15 minutes tag is actually a blessing :) )

To add more pizzazz to the challenge, i was also busy promoting my craft at the KDE ramadan bazaar and at the same time already working every hour and every minute fulfilling orders to be delivered before raya! i was already sleeping only about 4 hours every night and no doubt its a good thing but it did UPPED my stress level.


weeks  went by and til few days just before raya i was informed that, the skin care company rep accepted my proposal, ALHAMDULILLAH! but WAIT, it doesnt end there. I am required to submit every details of the jewelry to be submitted the first day after the raya holidays. Its almost raya eve and i was still making customization orders and my mind was racing.
There goes my plan of a great break, feet up enjoying the bliss of our planned raya vacation at pullman lakeside resort. Still recuperating from a violent case of food poisoning ,I was so stressed out but my GREAT Family supplied me with words of encouragement and support that i decided, forget about it. Its Raya.  I CAN do it the minute we arrived back from our break. After all i work best under pressure. Well i did just that and managed to submit everything plus new design and color proposal by around 3.30 am. That is the end of the story and here i am promoting the event that i hope will materialized.

Apart from supplying the jewelry, I will also hold a mini demo and workshop for
customers.

The dates have not been finalised yet but i was informed by Leo Burnett rep that the promotion will run tentatively from 16th -18th October as the Weekend Specials @ Jusco Mid Valley Counter. The demo is on the 17th of october from 10am to 9pm.

So if you are a customer of SK-II, please come and try out  wirework craft with me :))

Another location yet to be confirmed is at
Jusco Tebrau City on  19th  Dec.






till then, take care and smile always..... :)   




M
















4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I just enjoy reading your blog, and your work recent work are really gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sweetie soo!

    waaahhh...u oso now SUPERSTAR! i see come out in newspaper oredi! CONGRATS! :)))

    xxx

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mas, this opportunity is something that keep me moving and continue to explore new skill, coz it's my own column that will be feature every month.

    Lets us keep up our work ya~

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi soo!,

    it is so cool to hear that you will have your own column every month......that is really great :))))

    xox
    M


    p/s btw, i saw the mirror.....absolutely GORGEOUS!......

    ReplyDelete