Monday, November 15, 2010

My current project

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a new project that i have always wanted to do. This time it is my turn to accumulate more knowledge and who better to help me than EMI 

when i first started wire jewelry, i didnt know about artistic wire and  started with sterling silver wires. i find them too costly and a great turn off. Then i discovered Artistic Wire brand, it was love at first sight and almost all of my work i used Artistic Wire.

Emi asked me  why i dont work with precious metal and i just say, i am not ready yet besides, i was still having a BALL with my copper wires! there are still many things i can do with them and they are not expensive. I can experiment and will not have that "heavy" feeling if things dont turn out the way i planned. if its sterling silver, i will just see $$$ going down the drain and not a failed design. 

 Anyway to cut things short i have decided, why not just give it a try again and now with Emi's encouragementand what d'ya know...i quite enjoyed it! COZ i have emi to teach me and i love his design and work and very inspired by them. Not much of the precious metal go to waste coz i adopted one of his techniques and it helped that i know how to calculate to avoid severe wastage.

Thanks Emi!

So here, i am showcasing just some that i have done in sterling silver, 14k goldfilled and of course my most favourite element, copper :)

note: base frame 16g silver plated copper, sterling silver balls, sterling silver chain, silver plated Artistic Wire (for now coz i dont have any sterling silver wires)



note: base frame 18g brass, 14k goldfilled balls, 14k goldfilled chain, 14k goldfilled wires.



2 comments:

  1. Wah meriah nih..smp gold filled pun pakai..LOL..dah siap post la overall pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memang meriah! You tau jer la... Kalau i dah suka satu satu technique tu... Itu jer nanti i buat! LoL

    You r right 14k half hard memang tak syiok buat... I injured myself while doing it. Have several cuts just bec the wire ends ter-kena libas sana sini masa weaving. But i kinda like the result... :)

    N definitely will post completed projects once ready... :)

    Thanks emi!

    ReplyDelete