Thursday, April 30, 2009

silver wings

As the story goes.....for days i have been trying to design a butterfly motive bracelet but somehow all my sketches don't seem right. i can not get the right feel to it and could not even decide on the color. very frustrating. then today, i received a LOVELY surprise from my kids, a beautiful silver butterfly pendant from Tiffany & co. as a mother's day gift. they purposely gave it earlier coz they knew it will not be a surprise if its really on mother's day AND that is what they really want to see, my mouth wide opened and my eyes bulged! hahahaha......kids!....and they knew how i love butterflies and how frustrated i looked not able to complete the butterfly bracelet....so the pendant is really a very thoughtful and loving gift.

immediately upon reaching home from dinner, i was so inspired that i ...did it! the idea just flowed in and here is the result of my design "silver wings". sticking to simplicity and pureness, i decided to use silver crystal with a hint of opal blue.

to my kids and my darling partner........XOX




the modified version, take note of the extra jumpring between the "antenae" and top wing.



the story behind this creation,

constructed using  non-tarnish silver  [copper] artistic wire and combination of swarovski crystal  AB  and swarovski pacific opal.

If you like this design, please email me for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment